Here’s a post from Tim Lloyd that I keep coming back to. I find it extremely useful to remember these when starting a new digital project or even just when deciding on what to tweet.
Number 7 is always the one I need reminding. Number 9 is often entirely alien to the NHS.
I’ve printed the list out and have it on my desk at all times. I’d recommend you do the same.
1. Put users and their needs first
2. Go to where your audience are
3. Listen, then engage
4. Measure engagement, not traffic
5. Content is king
6. Only start digital activity that you can sustain…
7. …and have a plan for leaving
9. Fail fast
10. No I can’t make a PDF, you need the IT help desk